You must have heard people talking about their credit report and realized that you haven’t checked your credit score for a long time. You ask people where can you check it and the suggestion list is quite long. It’s better you search for options online. CIBIL and Experian are among the top 3 credit bureaus that provide the score and report online.
In today’s time when everything is accessible through the internet, credit score checks free online is doesn’t come as a surprise. In this article, we have shared the steps involved to calculate your score within a few minutes.
How can you Check CIBIL Score?
You can follow the below steps in order to check your score online:
- Go to check CIBIL score check website
- Provide your full name as mentioned on the PAN card
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Choose the gender you belong to
- Mention your PAN card number
- Enter your contact address
- Provide the email ID fn which you want to get the credit report
- Enter your mobile number
- Submit the form
On the successful submission of the CIBIL score form, you will get a confirmation on your email ID. You will get the detailed credit report on the email ID you have provided.
How can you Check your Experian Score?
If you want to check your score, you can follow the simple steps involved in the process:
- Provide your Full Name, Mobile Number, and Email ID and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will then receive an OTP on the registered mobile number
- Submit that OTP and click on ‘Verify & Continue’ tab
- Mention your Date of Birth and Gender
- Provide your Permanent Address including the state, city, Pincode
- Enter your Permanent Account Number (PAN) and submit.
After the completion of above process, there is a Q & A round which is the final step before you get your score. On the basis of the details you have provided, the credit score would range from 300-900.
What are the Factors that Affect your Credit Score?
There are certain basic but important factors that affect the credit score of the individual.
- Using more than 50% of your credit card limit.
- Not paying the bill on time.
- No-loan people also have a bad score of no credit score.
- Prepayment of the loans also affects the credit score.
If your score comes out to be bad that is less than 550, it shows you are a defaulter. You have missed 6 payments consecutively due to which your score is so low. The next thing you should do is start working towards improving it. There are very effective and simple measures that can help you build a good credit history. You can start with paying bills on time and not using more than 50% of your credit card limit. Do it for a few months and then go for a credit score check free online to see where you stand. Tracking your CIBIL score every 6 months won’t harm but if you do it every then and now, it will reduce it. So, keep that in mind as well.