Black Friday sales are one of the biggest sales of the year. It includes discounts on all types of products from electronics, clothing, and beauty to lifestyle and travel. Every year billions worth of merchandise is sold all over the world as increasing numbers of local and international brands jump on this mega sale bandwagon.
In 2016, a total of 137 million people shopped on the four black Friday days which is almost 33% more than in 2015. During the Black Friday sales, items are sold at reduced and discounted prices. Some brands even offer discounts up to 90% off making it one of the best deals one can get right after Thanksgiving.
This day is definitely the best time of the year not only for all kinds of shoppers but also for the stores as it’s their busiest time. 2017 black friday sales is going to be no different. The reason this event, starting from 24th November, is such a hit is that its right after Thanksgiving and is the official start of the holiday season.
This entire time is also crucial for the economy as 30% of the annual retail sales across all product types takes place between the Black Friday and Christmas season. This time of the year is also trending for travelling because many people visit their family in different parts of the world and may choose to take a vacation with their family or friends to experience Christmas or New Year’s Eve in a new exciting location.
So if you are a winter traveller seeking to bag in some essential travel goodies, you can’t afford to miss out on this mega sales event.
Some of the best winter travel essentials that you need to buy during Black Friday are as follows.
- Cameras and other travel related electronics: Electronic items are the best merchandise to procure during the Black Friday weekend as all major electronic brands give significant discounts on every product. Whether you have decided to invest in a drone camera to support your Go Pro in all your quests or if you are looking for a new point and shoot, Black Friday is the right time.
- Travel Deals: While not many people may know this but Black Friday days are the best to obtain incredible travel deals on hotel bookings, airfare and fun activities like ski lift tickets. Don’t forget to check deals on more than one travel site and airline websites to compare the rates. Whereas the deals are as great as ever, the only catch is that you may have to travel during the allotted time period mentioned in the contract.
- Clothing items like thermals and coats: Winter clothing is going to be the one essential that you cannot travel without so make sure you grab them during black Friday. The excellent deals posted by fashion brands are sure to bring some great finds to you.
- Shoes: Boots are the most important amongst all the shoes that you will need during your winter travels. Boots will keep your feet warm, they are durable for all your adventures and endless walking escapades, and they go with everything! They also stay dry, unlike sneakers which can get messy. Luckily, year after year Black Friday sales feature amazing stores like Macy’s and J.C. Penney with doorbuster deals on boots. In the past, some of their shoes have gone at a price as low as $19.99.
- Skincare for the dry and cold weather: Black Friday is not only great for buying laptops or TVs – you need to get your hands on cosmetics and skincare products. Many retailers give hearty discounts on beauty items which become more than necessary in the harsh winter conditions. As you plan to travel you are probably going to be outdoors much more than being inside so you need a moisturizing face and body cream along with hair care items that will protect your shiny locks. Even if you are not travelling this year, you can stock up on your favourite beauty products and save lots of bucks.
- Warm accessories like hats, gloves, scarves, and socks: Can you imagine standing in the snow without a hat, gloves and a thick scarf? So lastly, you must invest in necessary accessories for the season that will keep you safe. If you think it might rain than do make use of the sale to invest in a sturdy pair of rain boots and umbrella because there is nothing worse than a travel holiday ruined because you didn’t come prepared and had to waste money on items which you could have obtained at a fraction of the original price.
Don’t wait any longer. Start making a shopping list because Black Friday is just around the corner!